maandag 20 september 2010

A Falmouth Working Boat.


It's all new to me, though the boat isn't that for sure. 1975, I beleave it came around from Cornwall, England towards Holland. A 23' polyester hull taken by Terry Heard's Gaffers and Luggers from the open wooden oysterfishermanboats. For cruising completed with a deck and cabinet, made of wood and that means a constant eye for maintenance and instant acting where and when needed. This summer of 2010 I became the fourth owner, a radical decision after taking a season of sailinglessons on a even smaller but way faster open boat and all together in the autumn of my life. Until now I did some sailing, or better I tried to do so getting used to the boat and it's rigging. At first there's a whole lot of work to put the boat back into a schedule of more or less regular maintenance. At least, I hope to get there with all means and a little help of a mix of tung and lineseed oil.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten