donderdag 28 april 2011

Getting nowhere

Getting nowhere with this blog or a slow start at least. After being active with motorcycles in real live and on the internet for more than a decade I'm probably tired of publishing. Getting an older semi wooden boat into a more or less good condition is a lot of work. Writing about it here doesn't do the job. Even in the winter I managed to do some work while the boat was out of the water but still in the open air. A specially tailored cloht protected her. A small heater on oil kept the boat dry and myself warm while fixing things. I cleaned the gallery by taking it apart, put on new varnish on things before reconstructing. It looks a lot better now. I fixed the electricity, interieurlights, depth- and speedmeter now functions.
I took the ruther and helmstick at home, cleaned it totally, stripped the antifouling, reglued losening plywood, revarnished the top, new underwaterpaint and antifouling completed the job. I sanded the helmstick an again revarnished it. The boat is back into the water now and we even sailed her this Easterweekend while in the last couple of weeks I revarnished the mast eight times, fixed several minor things on rigg and hull, put on a new layer of antifouling on the total hull etc. etc. And now, I started to take off spots of old varnish from cabinet and cockpit. In the meantime enjoying being on the water, sleeping, eating and finding my way on the boat. Enjoying life and talks in the yachtharbor along with the very good weather until now. And I'm still impressed by varnish with tungoil inside. Lovely smell!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten